Accessibility for Watchet Market House Museum
This website is run by Watchet Market House Museum. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. If you have any suggestion to improve the accessibility of the site, please let us know.
The site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to control all presentation and layout so the content is well structured and easily accessible for assistive devices.
All font sizes are relative, with the exception of graphical text which is used only minimally. Text size can be increased or decreased in your web browser by following these steps:
- Open your preferred web browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge)
- Hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard and press the plus (+) key
- You will find that this enlarges the text, to enlarge again repeat the procedure
- Keep repeating until the text is enlarged to your requirements
- If you need to make the text smaller press Ctrl on your keyboard and the minus (-) key
- Open your preferred web browser (applies to Apple Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome)
- Hold down the Apple key on your keyboard and press the plus (+) key
- You will find that this will enlarge the text, to enlarge again repeat the procedure
- Keep repeating until the text is enlarged to your requirements. If you need to make the text smaller press the Apple key on your keyboard and the minus (-) key
All images used for non aesthetic reasons have descriptive alternative text.
Content across the site has been written and formatted to make it as accessible as possible. This includes:
- The use of semantic headings which are descriptive and used to highlight sections of text
- Clear and easy to understand language
- Meaningful text used for all links
- No information is conveyed exclusively through the use of colour
Wherever possible we have designed pages and chosen colours to be accessible to colour-blind users. Where contrast is limited, this has been restricted to purely decorative content.